Dress code policy in relation to your child's attendance at our school.We believe that a school Dress Code contributes to:
- Whole school unity and individual feelings of self-worth through such unity.
- The provision of a supportive school environment by reducing levels of competitive dressing.
- The realisation of social justice by relieving parents of pressure to purchase high cost brand name clothing for school wear.
- Positive visibility of Goodwood Primary School in the wider community.
Therefore we will support the wearing of school uniform and conformity with a dress code by:
- Positive staff and community support for school uniform and the dress code.
- Offering the sale of uniforms through a Uniform Shop.
- Taking steps to eliminate dress based harassment.
- Inclusion of a range of non-brand named clothing in the dress code.
- Regular review of the dress code in consultation with students, parents/caregivers and staff.
- The yearly provision of an exclusive 'class of....' garment for year 7 students.
- Should a conflict arise between students in relation to clothing a restorative justice process
Our Uniform Shop is run by dedicated volunteers and is open between 8:40 and 9:10am on Tuesday mornings and 3:00 and 3:30pm on Thursday afternoons. The link below provides you with a price list which can be taken to the uniform shop when purchasing.
Student Dress Code is the same for boys and girls and includes any navy blue and/or gold clothing, therefore the Dress Code includes the following in school colours: (no large brand names or logos on any) gold and navy.
The following items are available for purchase at the uniform shop west side of PAC:
Gold/ Navy with polo or round neck.
poly/cotton or nylon
Navy. Micro-fibre (lined). Jazz (with gold pinstripe). Track pant (straight leg).
Navy micro-fibre, rugby
Navy with side gold stripe
Iron school logo - Flock
Summer school tartan.
Navy long sleeve polo, zip neck polo windcheater, fleecy hooded jacket
Bike pants or leggings can be worn under skirts or dresses. They are not suitable on their own.
Denim Jeans - Are NOT suitable clothing.
Jewellery - Earrings: only sleepers or studs. A watch or medic alert bracelet is allowed. For safety reasons no rings or neck accessories.
Accessories - Plain belts
Footwear - Rubber soled shoes or sandals with backs, worn securely.
Make-up - No make-up needs to be worn. Nail polish can only be clear in colour
Aerosol cans - must not be brought to school eg deodorants, body spray and mousse/gel.
Cultural requirements - can be negotiated with the Principal.
- A child needs a note from their parent/caregiver explaining why they are not wearing school uniform.
- Children without a note will be asked to go to the front office; parents will be rung and asked to bring in a uniform.
Uniform Order Form